By purchasing Bonneville Bank, prepaid company Green Dot will be putting itself under the scrutiny of traditional banking regulators. But it may escape increased oversight from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Green Dot's Bank Deal Could Bring It CFPB Relief
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter