Community bankers are looking longingly at construction loans' relatively generous returns. What they're not seeing are the higher risk-weightings that may soon go along with such assets.
Basel Adds Another Reason to Avoid Construction Loans
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter