Stricter state regulation of payday lenders slows use of the loans and doesn't drive borrowers online or out of state, says the Pew Charitable Trusts in a new report.
Fewer Payday Loans Made in States with Strict Laws: Study
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues