The Federal Housing Finance Agency warned Wednesday it would take action, if necessary, to stop cities from using eminent domain to seize underwater mortgages and attorneys say they are likely to prevail.
FHFA's Stand Against Eminent Domain Plans Likely to Prevail
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app