The troubled Royal Bank of Scotland is reluctant to sell its profitable Citizens Financial Group unit in the U.S., so investment bankers and others are urging it to sell its branches in two markets, Chicago and Detroit, where it is a relatively minor player.
Citizens Financial Should Quit Chicago and Detroit, Dealmakers Say
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues