The Treasury Department has investigated nine community banks that failed since 2007 for possible criminal conduct that led to their failures. The cases have since been closed, and the agency has elected against filing lawsuits in every case.
Treasury Passes on Lawsuits After Failed-Bank Probes
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues