The Conference of State Bank Supervisors issued a statement Wednesday opposing the proposed Basel III rules, calling them "highly reactionary" and damaging to the banking system.
State Regulators to Feds: Back Off on Basel III
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app