The agency is cracking down on three mortgage relief firms that promise to help cash-strapped borrowers hold onto their homes while delivering little help and driving them deeper into debt.
Federal Trade Commission Sues to Stop Three Mortgage Scams
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues