A suggestion by Federal Reserve Board Gov. Daniel Tarullo that policymakers should cap the size of the largest banks may have a chilling effect on future mergers and acquisitions.
Tarullo's Big-Bank Cap May Discourage M&A Activity
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app