Joseph Ficalora, the CEO of New York Community Bancorp, blames the tumble in its shares this week on traders betting against the company ahead of its third-quarter earnings report.
Short-Sellers Punish New York Community for Weak Margin: CEO
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app