Fed Gov. Elizabeth Duke said heightened burden from Dodd-Frank and Basel rules could make mortgage lending a less viable option for community banks, which make up a "significant" portion of the market.
Fed's Duke Advocates Separate Mortgage Regulation for Small Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter