U.S. financial institutions will not be required to start complying with Basel III capital and liquidity requirements by Jan. 1, according to a joint statement issued by regulators on Friday.
U.S. Delays Basel III Adoption for Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app