A bill that would exempt homeowners from having to pay taxes on principal reductions and other forms of debt cancellation will expire at the end of the year if Congress doesn't pass an extension.
Mortgage Forgiveness Bill May Expire Unless Congress Acts in Lame Duck
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app