UnionBanCal in in San Francisco has completed its $1.5 billion purchase of Pacific Capital Bancorp (PCBC) in Santa Barbara, Calif. The deal, which the companies announced in March and closed Saturday, merged the $5.9 billion Santa Barbara Bank & Trust into the $88.2 billion Union Bank, which is wholly owned by Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc.
UnionBanCal, Crescent Financial and WesBanco All Close Deals
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app