Capitol Bancorp had to postpone a bankruptcy hearing because, it says, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. repeatedly blocked it from paying the due-diligence costs of its new investors.
Capitol Bancorp in Michigan Blames FDIC for Its Bankruptcy Delay
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter