The banking industry earned a record $40.3 billion in the first quarter as rising noninterest income and the continued drop in loss provisions made up for declines in interest-related income, the FDIC said Wednesday.
Banks' $40.3B Profit in 1Q Sets Record, FDIC Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app