The banking industry earned a record $40.3 billion in the first quarter as rising noninterest income and the continued drop in loss provisions made up for declines in interest-related income, the FDIC said Wednesday.
Banks' $40.3B Profit in 1Q Sets Record, FDIC Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues