Rep. Mel Watt defended his judgment and experience with housing issues during a hearing on his nomination to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency, but it's unclear if the performance was enough to sway Republican opponents.
Three Critical Issues Raised by Watt Confirmation Hearing
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter