The Senate's latest proposal to break up the big banks faces an uphill battle, but FDIC Vice Chairman Thomas Hoenig still says it could have a major impact on the movement to separate big banks' commercial and investment activities.
Glass-Steagall Bill 'Deserves Healthy Debate': FDIC's Hoenig
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app