The conservator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac late Thursday announced an $885 million settlement with UBS Americas of charges that the firm misrepresented the quality of private-label mortgage-backed securities Fannie and Freddie bought during the housing boom.
FHFA Reaches $885M Settlement with UBS
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter