The underlying results of JPMorgan's third quarter were mediocre, even excluding heavy litigation costs. Its loan outlook for the current quarter is unencouraging. Expect a lot of other banks to continue the theme this fall.
JPM's Core Results a Sign of Blah Yearend for Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app