FHFA Acting Director Ed DeMarco has been vague about why the regulator rejected Fannie’s force-placed proposal, a decision that has drawn sharp criticism from consumer advocates.
FHFA Watchdog Opens Force-Placed Insurance Review
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app