New York financial regulator Benjamin Lawsky is urging the state to make it harder for debt collectors to win court judgments using shoddy documentation.
N.Y.'s Lawsky Offers Tougher Rules for Debt-Collection Suits
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app