Comptroller of the Currency Thomas Curry attempted to dispute the notion that large banks are "too big to jail," telling a group of state attorneys general that his agency can take legal action and level "severe penalties" against an institution.
OCC's Curry Vows Iron Fist Against Banks, Cooperation with AGs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter