Director Richard Cordray recently suggested that the actions of debt collectors, credit reporting agencies and mortgage servicers and banks' ties to them merit extra regulatory scrutiny because consumers are at their mercy.
CFPB Focuses on Consumer Choice or Lack Thereof
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues