Sen. Shelby introduced a bill on Tuesday to delay implementation of Basel III while House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling declared the package of capital and liquidity standards "suspect."
Lawmakers Increasingly Skeptical of Basel III Plan
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues