While consumer groups were unhappy, lenders were pleased that the definition of qualified mortgages was so broad and that banks were given a safe harbor for prime loans.
CFPB's Mortgage Rule Better Than Expected, Banks Say
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues