Acting independently of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. ordered $14 million in fines against two RBS subsidiaries, including restitution to over 300,000 customers.
OCC, FDIC Enforcement Action Hits RBS for Overdraft Programs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app