They look great on paper, but mergers of equals are always difficult to integrate due to cultural issues. United Financial in Glastonbury, Conn., is learning that lesson with Jeff Sullivan's departure less than six weeks after the company's merger with Rockville Financial.
Abrupt Executive Exit Highlights Challenges with Mergers of Equals
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter