ConnectOne is a busy lender but light on deposits, while Center Bancorp has a low loan-to-deposit ratio. The combined company will stand a better chance at organic loan growth in the future. More deals like it are coming as banks look to a more robust lending environment in the next few years.
Lesson of the ConnectOne/Center Deal: Deposits Are Hot Again
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter