It's not easy to survive as a single-branch community bank anymore. That's the view of John Essen, president of Community Savings Bank in Bethel, Ohio, which agreed this week to merge with Home Building and Loan Co., a savings and loan in Greenfield, Ohio.
Community Savings and Home Building and Loan in Ohio to Merge
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter