American Express can provide affordable products to the unbanked and still make a profit, company executive Dan Schulman said at the Emerge conference. He was vague on details but hinted that its prepaid cards built on an lower-cost software platform are part of the answer.
Amex's New Target: the Unbanked
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app