The bill reintroduced by Sens. Tom Carper, D-Del., and Roy Blunt, R-Mo., comes on the heels of customer data breaches at multiple high-profile retailers.
Lawmakers Unveil Data Security Bill, Citing Target Breach
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app