While lenders do not ask consumers about sexual orientation, a look at Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data on same-sex couple applicants raises questions about possible discrimination against gays and lesbians.
HMDA Data Offers Clues on Discrimination Against Gays
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app