Wells Fargo lost its chance to appeal to the Supreme Court to approve its use of a complicated tax shelter. But clarity provided by that case and those being fought by BB&T and others is likely to provide the basis for future tax loopholes for banks.
Banks Lose Battle, But Maybe Not the War, for Tax Shelters
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter