The company is suing Basswood Capital, claiming the activist hedge fund unlawfully accumulated a large stake by violating a confidentiality agreement. It also claims that Basswood's meddling resulted in a subpar capital raise last month.
Banc of California Takes Activist to Court Over Contract Breach
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter