The Department of Justice and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's joint action against GE Capital Retail Bank, which recently changed its name, stems from alleged discrimination against Hispanics and marketing of add-on products.
GE Capital to Pay $228M Over Alleged Discrimination, Card Practices
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app