As home prices rise and municipalities scrounge for revenue, rising property taxes make it harder for loan applicants to meet regulatory debt-to-income limits and increase default risk on existing mortgages.
Property Tax Hikes Compound Mortgage Market's Woes
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter