FMB Bancshares in Georgia has become the second banking company to get pulled into involuntary bankruptcy after defaulting on trust-preferred dividends. Meanwhile, BNY Mellon is taking steps that could make it easier for more investors to force banks into bankruptcy.
Trust-Preferred Investors Increase Pressure on Deadbeat Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter