The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, R-Mo., would delay implementation of a provision of Basel III capital rules that establishes higher requirements on mortgage servicing rights.
House Panel Passes Bill to Ease Capital Requirements on MSRs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app