Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen is facing the first real test to her agency's independence during her tenure, as House Republicans push a bill designed to broaden congressional oversight of the central bank and tie its hands regarding monetary policy.
Yellen Faces Old Battles to Preserve Fed's Independence
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter