The Mississippi bank's latest acquisition would take it into the Austin, Texas, market, but CEO Dan Rollins refuses to answer questions from investors and analysts about how quickly it would earn back its dilution of tangible book value.
Avoid Too Many Promises About M&A Deals: BancorpSouth Chief
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app