The Florida company's initial backers made a lot of money from a 2009 government-backed deal. Still, BankUnited's PE backers say the final sale of their stake in the resurrected lender is bittersweet.
BankUnited Exit Creates 'Mixed Emotions' for Private Equity Investors
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter