Robert Wilmers, chairman and CEO of M&T Bank, told shareholders at its annual meeting that times are tough for banking and that the continued delay of its Hudson City deal, and associated high costs, are disappointing. But he insisted that the deal is still worth doing.
M&T's Wilmers Defends Hudson City Deal at Investor Meeting
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter