Fears that the Federal Reserve's reduction in mortgage-backed securities purchases this year would cause rates to skyrocket failed to come true. That's partly because there's less mortgage paper to buy.
Why the Fed's Taper Has Done Little to Move Mortgage Rates
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues