Two of the largest consumer debt buyers on Thursday agreed to halt lawsuits against borrowers and pay fines to settle allegations they violated New York law in pursuing debtors.
New York Cracks Down on Debt Buyers in $16M Deal
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app