New York regulator Benjamin Lawksy plans to expand an investigation into the affiliated businesses of nonbank servicers and to eliminate several layers of review for mortgage bankers to apply for a license or a new branch location.
Lawsky to Expand Servicing Probe, Streamline Mortgage Licensing
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter