A Look at Whats New: OSI Hosts Member Business Services Forums
Open Solutions Inc. has hosted what it says will be the first in a series of Member Business Services Forums especially designed for credit unions interested in offering business and commercial services to their memberships. The forum, held in Dallas, included educational sessions, discussions and roundtables on the latest business services issues and trends facing the credit union industry.
* "An Insider's Perspective of the Credit Union Movement at a Crossroads" by Dennis Dollar, principle partner, Dollar Associates and former NCUA chairman.
* "Due Diligence in Business Services Planning" by Scott Hodgins, senior director, Cornerstone Advisors.
* "How to Tiptoe Not Stumble into Business Services" by Jeff Stone, EVP, Business Services, Loan Participations, North Island Credit Union.
* "An Introduction to Commercial Loan Participations" by Paul Valdez, SVP and CFO, Texans Credit Union.
* "One Vendor's Approach" by Esther D'Albero, director, financial product management, Open Solutions.
* "Paths to Business Lending Success" by Jay Johnson, EVP, Callahan & Associates.
* Roundtable discussion featuring representatives from Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Three Rivers Federal Credit Union, Royal Credit Union and Evangelical Christian Credit Union
"More and more credit unions are interested in offering business services to their member business owners," said Gary Daniel, SVP and general manager, Open Solutions Credit Union Group. "Small businesses represent a significant growth opportunity for credit unions, and as their business partner, Open Solutions is working to offer knowledge and technology tools to best support these efforts. Additional forums will be held throughout the remainder of 2006.
Separately, Open Solutions announced the rollout of several new products for its financial institutions customers, including health savings accounts, corporate money management accounts and customer asset accounts.
The new products will be sold through the Information Services Group of New Jersey, which Open Solutions acquired from The BISYS Group in March.
This has enabled Open Solutions to expand its overall product offering into healthcare banking, asset retention, insured deposit services for insurance companies and their corporate financial banking markets.
For info: www.opensolutions.com.