Credit Unions In Their Communities
* A donation of books by Spokane FCU, Spokane, Wash., to the Page Ahead's banking 4 Books helped support at-risk children and their families.
* Community Trust Credit Union, Gurnee, Ill., hosted a free IRA Seminar.
* Workers' Credit Union, Fitchburg, Mass., held its 91st annual meeting.
* In Yorktown, Va., 1st Advantage FCU offered its members a fuel assistance program to help with the cost of high fuel bills.
* Yolo Federal Credit Union, Woodland, Calif., became an authorized foreign currency exchange provider.
* Washington State Employees CU, Olympia, Wash., was recognized by Training Magazine as one of the top 100 companies for employee training and development in the country.
* Unity One FCU, Fort Worth, Texas, celebrated Savings Safari Mascot Max-a-Million's birthday with games, coloring contests and cake.
* FAIRWINDS Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., held a shred fest event to prevent identity theft in its community.
* Family Trust FCU, Rock Hill, S.C., held its 49th annual meeting.
* First Credit Union, Chandler, Ariz., is offering free financial education seminars.
* GCS Federal Credit Union, Granite City, Ill., started a Cub Club for kids to encourage young account holders to be good savers.
* Apple FCU, Fairfax, Va., participated in a computer fair for parents, students, teachers and school employees to promote the credit union's computer loan program.
* Cabrillo CU, San Diego, is sponsoring staff members who participate in local charity walks.
* The credit union also received the Secret Shop Award from the Financial Service Centers Cooperative, and a Diamond Award from CUNA Marketing and Business Development Council.
* In Beaverton, Ore., Oregon credit unions participated in the Regional Economic Crime Investigation Center to help combat identity theft.
* Capital Credit Union, Kimberly, Wis., received first place in the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Award program at the state level.
* Hiway FCU, St. Paul, Minn., sponsored the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance program, which was commended by St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman.
* Rogue FCU, Medford, Ore., celebrated Youth Week with coloring, penny pig and deposit contests, book drives and a skate party.
* Langley FCU, Newport News, Va., sponsored free monthly financial education seminars.
* Lakeview Credit Union, Neenah, Wis., celebrated its 72nd annual meeting.
* Kemba Credit Union, Indianapolis, Ind., held a spring egg hunt at its Shortridge Road branch.
* TDECU, Lake Jackson, Texas, announced it has passed a milestone of $1 billion in assets.
* METRO Credit Union, Warren, Mich., held an art exhibit by student artists from Center Lane, Fitzgerald, Lincoln and Warren Woods Tower High Schools.
* Michigan First Credit Union, Detroit, provided free financial education workshops during Money Smart Week at Wayne State University and Marygrove College.
* Clearview Federal Credit Union, Pittsburgh, Penn., held a free real estate seminar at its Brentwood Towne Square branch.
* American First CU, La Habra, Calif., participated in Read Across America Day.