CU Changes Name To Tennessee CU
The Tennessee Teachers Credit Union has changed its name to The Tennessee Credit Union.
The credit union was formed in 1950 by a group of teachers and principals and is now the largest CU in Nashville with $200 million in assets, 13 branches and 27,000 members.
The name change was driven by a need to better represent a diversified field of membership that includes those outside the education profession. In addition to 200 SEGs, the CU now serves Williamson and Hamblen counties.