1. Bluefield, VA's First Community Bancshares Inc., which has $2 billion in assets, is buying North Carolina-based Coddle Creek Financial Corp., which has $159 million in assets, for $33.1 million.
2. The Citadel Bank, with $89 million in assets, is being purchased by Kansas City-based UMB Financial, which has $9 billion in assets, for an undisclosed, all-cash amount.
3. $45.2 million-asset Noble Community Bank, which is based in Sparta, NJ, will merge into Highlands State Bank, which has $59.2 million in assets and is based in Vernon, NJ.
4. Wilmington Savings Fund Society, the principal subsidiary of WSFS Financial Corp., is purchasing six branches from Sun National Bank in Delaware for $13.2 million.
5. New Orleans-based First Trust Corp. is buying Metairie, LA's Globe Bancorp for $5.3 million. Globe has $29 million in total assets compared to First Trust's $945 million in assets.(c) 2008 U.S. Banker and SourceMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.http://www.americanbanker.com/usb.html/ http://www.sourcemedia.com/